Property Manager MA: Taking care of pets during Winter
The polar vortex has had a huge effect on the East Coast. It is extremely cold and has resulted in higher heating bills. Not only do you have to ensure that your home is warm but that your pets are also protected.
These are the steps you need to take to keep your pets warm and safe.
- Clothing is not optional when it comes to your pets. Make sure you cover up your small dogs. Get a nice insulated jacket with shearling. If that is not an option then you can always get a puffy vest made of recycled material. This is a good way of protecting your dog if you need to take him out for a quick walk. It is a good idea to protect your indoor cats too. Cats feel the cold more than dogs, so you have to take special care of them. You can also give them an insulated jacket and another layer so that you can cut down on your electric bill. Your cat will thank you for that.
- Get a good bandana for your cat if it rains or snows. This will protect it from hypothermia.
- Of course you need to protect their paws as well. Get a pair of Biodegradable rubber disposable boots so that they don’t feel miserable or get any frostbite. Just make sure they are comfortable even if you don’t go out in the snow.
- A good way to protect your dog in the future is to take him out for walks during the fall. This will make him develop a thicker coat for winter.
- All good property Managers MA recommend a reflective collar for pets during the dark days of winter. You can always opt for a brighter LED collar. It makes it easier for everyone to see them in the dark, when you take them for a walk.
- Cats and Dogs also suffer from cracked paws just like humans do in the dry winter weather. You can always apply some paw balm to help ease it for them.
- Don’t take your dog out unless it’s absolutely necessary. If you need to take him out to do his business or for a short walk, make sure you supervise. Don’t keep him out of the house, unless you have an insulated doghouse with a heating pad.
- Invest in some dog and cat toys to keep your pets active while they are confined indoors. If you are not in the mood to spend money on them, you can always find some old stuff to keep them busy.
- It is a good idea not to overfeed your dog or cat when they are confined indoors. All that excess weight is not good for them.
We hope you liked our post “Property Manager MA: Taking care of pets during Winter “.